IRHA Homeowner Assistance
Check Your Application Status
The application period for IRHA Homeowner Assistance closed on Friday, December 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
If you already submitted an application, check the status of your application online. You’ll see where your application is in the review process and specific instructions about your next steps.
About IRHA Homeowner Assistance
Homeowners experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible to receive assistance through IRHA Homeowner Assistance.
Homeowners who are enrolled tribal members and live in select regions that have IRHA as their Tribally Designated Housing Entity are eligible to apply. Approved homeowner assistance payments will be distributed by IRHA and its partners directly to mortgage servicers, utility companies and other eligible vendors.
Basic eligibility requirements:
● You must be a homeowner and applying for aid in your primary residence. Eligible areas include select regions that have IRHA as their Tribally Designated Housing Entity.
● You must be able to demonstrate tribal enrollment.
● You must satisfy minimum federal and IRHA requirements:
○ Have experienced a coronavirus-related financial hardship after Jan. 21, 2020.
○ Not exceed the maximum household income as required by U.S. Treasury.
○ At least one person per household must be directly or indirectly financially impacted by COVID-19.
○ Demonstrated risk of housing instability or homelessness.
IRHA Homeowner Assistance may include:
● Past due mortgage payments and other homeowner expenses
● Utility costs (including electric, water & sewer, etc.)
● Heating costs, including home-heating fuel and firewood
Eligible owner-occupied properties include:
● Single-family attached and detached properties
● Condominium units
● Manufactured homes permanently affixed to real property and taxed as real estate
● Mobile homes not permanently affixed to real property
● Land contracts
● 1 to 4-unit properties where the homeowner is living in one of the units as a primary residence
For more information:
● To appeal an application decision, please complete and submit this IRHA Homeowner Assistance Appeals form. If you need assistance with an appeal, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-912-2452 toll free to discuss your specific situation.
● Read IRHA Homeowner Assistance FAQs